Close

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    56th VFW/ 63rd VFS Pilot
    Concerning Thursday August 11 2016 mission.....

OH YEAH !!!!!!! SO LONG RUNWAY !!! Hope that airport has lots of concrete mixers and other equipment; they are going to FREAKING NEED IT !

You know how they repaired the runway so quickly....right ? WE DIDN'T BLOW IT TO PIECES WITH THE GROUND PENETRATING DURANDALS !!!! JDAMs only scratch the surface...super-easy to fix.

I am assuming this is the runway we used JDAMs on...if not then well... just ignore my "pushing durandals" rhetoric.

ha ha ha

FB

PS: I did not actually look at this mission...my work won't let me download stuff. But based on the title...am assuming we are going after the runway.....

Blog Entries
    F-Bear...when I saw this mission, I thought about you. Go get-em with those Durandals!

56th VFW/ 63rd VFS CO TeeSquare's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I saved our campaign save file in mission commander after updating the Balkans theater, did a test flight and it worked well. So we will be updating to the new Balkans theater version 1.1 this week. The update is easy for all of us who have been flying in it lately under version 1.05.

Just download it from the link in the first post in this thread and only use the Update_v1.1_for_Balkans_4.33.1c1.exe file. The second link on the first post will direct you to this file.

The first link has all the files needed for a new Balkans install including this one.

Blog Entries
    Just letting you guys know that I am still alive, all thou it has been tuff to stay that way. Hope my CO TeeSquare and my friend Drac has not written me off. Seems like my quad (63rd) is also doing fine.
    1ST LT WOLF
    63rd FIGHTER SQD
    Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Alienware System Model Aurora-R4,System Type x64-based PC Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz, 3201 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s),Adapter RAM 1.00 GB (1,073,741,824 bytes) x DUAL 2.00 GB TOTAL,Adapter Description AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series Adapter Type AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x6738), Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. compatible
    , THRUSTMASTER HOTAS WARTHOG THROTTLE AND STICK.

Blog Entries
    Glad to hear that you are ok.

Blog Entries
    Wolf - A jet has always been available for you...you just have to wash the dust off of it. Hurry up and get back into the skies.

56th VFW/ 63rd VFS Pilot
    I just looked at the tape for Friday's "Let's go blow up a Carrier Battle Group" mission, and am confused by their response. Or lack of a response...

All I saw was the carrier launched a couple of Su-33, and a couple rounds from the support ships where fired at us. No missiles fired, and the Su-33 where launched when we where right on top of them.

If I was the Commander, I'd have launched every Su-33 I had as soon as our flight was detected in-bound. And plenty of SAM and flak and such.

The only thing I can think of is I noticed a flight of F/A-18 hammering the Carrier also, using Harpoons. So maybe the Carrier was damaged before we even got there?

Or else the game doesn't really do a good job with ships and their offensive systems?

Attacking a Carrier should be somewhat stressful....not relaxing !

Anyone got any thoughts on this?

F-Bear

Blog Entries
    The carrier didn't have many aircraft remaining in its squadrons. I'm not sure about the SAMs though. That area has been getting pounded by blue forces for a long time. It may be worth testing in a TE to see if the response is better when at 100%.

56th VFW/ 63rd VFS Pilot
    All - I won't be flying today...bummer !!! Should be back for Friday's flight.

F-Bear

56th VFW / 63rd VFS Pilot Figmo's Avatar
    Hey F-Bear, Hope all is well. Look forward to seeing you on Friday. How am I supposed to get all the runways by myself?