Close

Thread: Logbook restore

Logbook restore

Hello guys, I had an issue with bms and had to reinstall. I made a backup of my logbook, .ini and .lbk

after reinstall I copy those files in the users\config. however when I access the game I can't select my profile Vapor neither I can't create a new one. Have you ever had a problem like this before. Or am I missing a step?

56th VFW/ 63rd VFS CO TeeSquare's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have not had this issue before. Double check that you didn't accidentally change the extension or maybe place them in wrong folder. Not being able to create another profile seems like you should try to reinstall BMS again. Did you also copy the falcon bms.cfg file too? They say not to do that because that could cause issues from one version to the next.

I don't think that you missed a step. You should be able to copy the xxx.lbk file and load it without any issues. The ini file is a different story though. From one version to the next, the ini file probably should not be copied. If it was a reinstall of the same version then it should not matter unless that file was messed up.

thank you

Quote Originally Posted by TeeSquare View Post
    I have not had this issue before. Double check that you didn't accidentally change the extension or maybe place them in wrong folder. Not being able to create another profile seems like you should try to reinstall BMS again. Did you also copy the falcon bms.cfg file too? They say not to do that because that could cause issues from one version to the next.

I don't think that you missed a step. You should be able to copy the xxx.lbk file and load it without any issues. The ini file is a different story though. From one version to the next, the ini file probably should not be copied. If it was a reinstall of the same version then it should not matter unless that file was messed up.
    The file got corrupted, I don't know why maybe a virus, luckily I had a backup on a different hard drive. So my rank "ground crew" won´t be affected.

56th VFW/ 63rd VFS CO TeeSquare's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by daque View Post
    Hey TeeS!
    I don't care what Cougar says Bout ya... you're ALL RIGHT!
    Thanks for making that available.
    Ive been slowly crawling back in the pit... watching your Mon/Tues ACMI's and was wondering.. could we get together Mon... say 30 min before the training flight.. so i can go over the connection routine... check IVC... etc?
    I can log into team speak 30 min. early this Monday.