Cougar MFD's

Equipment
    Saitek X-52 (non pro)
    Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals
    Cougar MFD's
    TIR pro 5

Win 10 home

The problem
    I am using the BMS supplied X-52 set up with the MFD's added. I have looked at the manuals and search the forum which helped solve a few problems but still can't find solution for this one. Everything seems to work when checking key while in setup. Callbacks work for Right MFD but Left one when I push a button it sees that I did but nothing is assigned to it. This is my device sorting:
    {025506A3-0000-0000-0000-504944564944} "X52 H.O.T.A.S."
    {076306A3-0000-0000-0000-504944564944} "Flight Rudder Pedals"
    {B351044F-0000-0000-0000-504944564944} "F16 MFD 1"
    {B352044F-0000-0000-0000-504944564944} "F16 MFD 2"
    {FEEDBEEF-0000-0000-0000-504944564944} "Virtual Hid Device"

In Windows control panel f16 mfd 2 is the right one and the left is number 1
    In BMS setup window it seems reveresed.
    Have tried changing the physical connection no help

One thing I forgot. On the throttle lcd when I first load the profile for the hotas, Shift is blank. But as soon as I move or press something shift becomes highltighted and will not turn off
    Last edited by Bubba; 11-23-2019 at 15:57.

Ok fixed the MFD issue. Unplug the rudder pedals and deleted the devicesortorder. then plugged it back in. Still have the issue with the Shift state.

Mmmm I’m not sure who here has a saitek setup. If anyone is able to give him a hand....I don’t know much about the saitek sticks.

Intel Core i7 i7-7700K 4.2 GhZ (turbo 4.5 GhZ) Processor; ASRock Z270 Killer SLI/AC Motherboard; Corsair Vengeance RGB 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200 MHz Memory; EVGA GeForce 1080 GTX FTW 8 GB Video Card; 1x500 GB SATA 3 GB/s Western Digital HDD; 1X2000 GB SATA 6 GB/s Western Digital HDD; LG 34 inch 21:9 Curved UltraWide QHD IPS Monitor; 2x 8 inch VGA CCTV MFD monitors with Thrustmaster MFD buttons installed, Propnut ICP, Thrustmaster Cougar (Warthog Grip), Track IR 5, Windows 10 Home 64 Bit

56th VFW/ 63rd VFS CO TeeSquare's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't have that HOTAS either.

For the device order though, there is a small utility program called JoyIDs made by PJP that will detect the device order and allow you to switch them around. Once you get the order how you want it, like it sounds like you already have, make a note of the order. Then in the future if they get jumbled up again, you can use JoyIDs to change the order back.

For the warthog, and I think this happens on other HOTAS as well. Keys that are press and hold should not be shifted keys. For instance ctrl+F. This type of key combination causes problems for press and hold keys. They can get stuck. It is best to use a dx button for press and hold functions.

Thanks TeeSquare that will be very helpful. Got it and it is a huge help. I am using dx commands. The problem is that it appears that the shift state is stuck at shift. I know the button works physically I can see it in the programming for saitek and the BMS setup. I shows when pushed and released with no problems. I have read about this problem but dont really understand it. To be honest the DX stuff I am not understanding completely. I have read the manuals but still don't seem able to grasp it.

OK first I think my problem has more to do with DX programing then the actual stick im using. I have switched to alt launcher to try and prgram my hotas but run into a problem. I have not been able to figure out how to set up pinky switch for dx shift. I'm sure it is something simple I'm missing but don't see it. When I double click on the pinky switch (dx Shift) then press the pinky switch nothing happens. It just keeps saying awaiting input when I press the pinky key. To be honest I have never had to program my hotas, but since the upgrade to 4.34 I now need to make my own. Cant use the keyfile editor excel sheet because win 10 wont run the macros for reasons I cant figure out either. I have searched and read manuals to no avail. I know the button physically works. All other setup methods see it depressed and released. Including the mfd on the throttle. I have a saitek x52 non pro on win 10. I am not using any sst programs and hit clear on the tray icon and MFD on throttle confirms no program installed.

If you know what buttons are what DX number...there is a way to add them to the key file.

Intel Core i7 i7-7700K 4.2 GhZ (turbo 4.5 GhZ) Processor; ASRock Z270 Killer SLI/AC Motherboard; Corsair Vengeance RGB 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200 MHz Memory; EVGA GeForce 1080 GTX FTW 8 GB Video Card; 1x500 GB SATA 3 GB/s Western Digital HDD; 1X2000 GB SATA 6 GB/s Western Digital HDD; LG 34 inch 21:9 Curved UltraWide QHD IPS Monitor; 2x 8 inch VGA CCTV MFD monitors with Thrustmaster MFD buttons installed, Propnut ICP, Thrustmaster Cougar (Warthog Grip), Track IR 5, Windows 10 Home 64 Bit

Ok have narrowed the problem to the falcon 4.34 profile. So here is my question. I am going to ditch the logitech programing software and go straight dx. When I bring up the game controllers hotas properties and push a button a numbered dot lights up to show the button press. Is that the dx number and I add 1 to it for bms?

56th VFW/ 63rd VFS CO TeeSquare's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yes, the number that appears on the BMS setup controller page when pressing the button is the DX button number. If you manually input the dx number in the key file using a text editor like Notepad++ then the number that you write down is -1 of the number that appears on the BMS page.

SimTriggerFirstDetent 0 8 -2 0 0x0 0

This is an example of one of my lines in my keyfile using dx#1. The first zero is the dx number. Note that it is -1 of the number that appears in the BMS controller setup page.

Note that if you have a well organized key file and then start editing it by using button presses in the BMS program then it will mess the organization all up. There is also a chance for errors to develop over time editing the key file with BMS. You can start that way to see what is going on but then it is best to make adjustments manually using a text editor as your key file grows and you like its organization.

As you have already learned, if windows loads the controllers in a different order then the #'s assigned to the buttons will all change. So you have the tool JOyIDs to fix that if that happens. Also note that BMS attempts to remember the order of your devices as well. It is in a file named DeviceSorting.txt in the user\config folder. You should write down the order of the devices in both places in case the numbers get messed up later. Fixing the device order is way easier than reassigning all of the buttons again.

You have been most helpful TeeSquare and I appreciate it and Cougar to. You answered my question and I understand what to do know. I have always been able to dodge the programming of my hotas but it finally caught up to me.