Close

Cool I'm thinking about dusting the wings off.

I have forgotten how to fly, but I'm thinking about starting up again. Did you guys miss me?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I have forgotten how to fly, but I'm thinking about starting up again. Did you guys miss me?
    Hey Doc - Long time no hear...welcome back. What have you been doing with your time?

56th VFW/ 63rd VFS CO TeeSquare's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It’s been a long time. I hope that you are doing well. It’s like riding a bike, it will come back fast. We do training on Tuesday nights 6:30 pm pacific if you need any refreshers or just want to make sure that your setup is working.

Hello Doc!

Although we haven't flown together yet, welcome back! I think you'll find that collectively, we could get you back up to speed on things. I mean you can be any worse than this Dman fella that keeps friendly firing on me (lmao jk jk miss ya D). Hopefully will see ya up there!
    http://www.56thvfw.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=234&d=1502935133
    "Once you start thinking you're the best you might as well quit cause you won't get any better" -Dale Earnhardt

56th VFW / 63rd VFS Pilot Figmo's Avatar
    Hey Doc, Welcome back. Glad to see you hitting the skies again. There are a bunch of new friendly faces here and they can fly! We're even doing Arma in our spare time. Take care.

Figmo

I am still running 4.32 on Windows XP. I thought I had it running on Windows 10, but I tried that the other day and it wouldn't launch. My flying rig is still in a box or two. I'm going to try and dig it out this weekend without the wife noticing. Wish me luck! After I get the rig out and operational, I need to look at upgrading to 4.33. Maybe you guys can give me some tips on any gotchas.

I am thinking that I will get up and running on 4.32 and get a few hours in the pit before I try and get online.

Also, is there anybody here using a laptop to fly? I am looking at possibly upgrading my flying machine and am flip/flopping between a desktop and a laptop. The laptop would allow me to use my docking station that I have in my office and make it easier for me to transition between my work office and my flying office much easier. And if things are easier, I'm more likely to do it. Think this laptop would work (refurbished and affordable)?
    Intel Core i5-4300U Processor 1.9GHz
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    8GB RAM
    320GB Hard Drive
    Intel HD Graphics 4400
    Media Card Reader
    10/100/1000 Network
    14" Display

56th VFW/ 63rd VFS CO TeeSquare's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    For BMS 4.33, over at the BMS forum under system requirements it shows that the processor and ram should work. I don't know about the graphics though. They recommend:

nVidia GTX-760 series or equivalent AMD adapter or higher

Footnote #4 for the GPU says:
    Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not directly supported. Integrated chipsets are not supported, but may still run.

I wouldn't recommend the integrated graphic card from Intel. I have an alienware laptop and it runs falcon just fine

Intel Core i7 i7-7700K 4.2 GhZ (turbo 4.5 GhZ) Processor; ASRock Z270 Killer SLI/AC Motherboard; Corsair Vengeance RGB 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200 MHz Memory; EVGA GeForce 1080 GTX FTW 8 GB Video Card; 1x500 GB SATA 3 GB/s Western Digital HDD; 1X2000 GB SATA 6 GB/s Western Digital HDD; LG 34 inch 21:9 Curved UltraWide QHD IPS Monitor; 2x 8 inch VGA CCTV MFD monitors with Thrustmaster MFD buttons installed, Propnut ICP, Thrustmaster Cougar (Warthog Grip), Track IR 5, Windows 10 Home 64 Bit