Close

Question TM MFD & Key File in 4.34 "Farckled Up"

For anyone who uses Thrustmaster MFD's in Falcon 4.34... Have you experienced any issues with 4.34 not recognizing the assigned key file assignments?? Especially when it comes to Left & Right MFD's???

I hopped into 4.34U4 the other day and noticed that my right MFD had all the controls for the left, and the left MFD keys did nothing! Some of the assigned keys on my TM Cougar were, "FUBAR'd" as well.

Please let me know if you've experienced anything similar in the recent BMS update(s)??

Cheers,
    Jolly

"Fighter pilots ne'er fear; Jolly Greens are always near!"

PRIMARY MACHINE:
    ASRock B450M MB // CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3400G // VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 1650 // MONITORS: LG 32" 4K w/ ASUS 21" Touchscreen // RAM: Corsair 16GB 3600 MHz DDR4 // HD: WD 512MB SSD M.2 2280 // OS: Windows 10 Pro // CONTROLS: FSSB 1 mod'd HOTAS Cougar & Saitek Pro Combat Rudder Peddles // 'PIT: Modified Akers-Barns Mk 1 Cockpit

SECONDARY MACHINE:
    Shuttle Barebones SH67H3 // CPU: Intel i7 3770K 3.4 GHz // VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 1050TI // RAM: Kingston 16GB 1333 MHz DDR 3 // HD: 1TB WD Green SATA 6Gb/s, 64MD Cache // OS: Windows 7 Ultimate // CONTROLS: Uber mod'edTM HOTAS Cougar w/ Cougar MFDs & Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals // 'PIT: Akers-Barnes Mark 1 Cockpit

56th VFW/ 63rd VFS CO TeeSquare's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The device order may have gotten mixed up. It can be due to windows or the DeviceSorting.txt file.

The DeviceSorting.txt file gets made the first time you run BMS and detects the order of your devices. It can also get revised with more junk in it if TARGET doesn't start properly and then you open BMS. Generally, the DeviceSorting.txt file should be a good record of the order to set your devices with using JoyID described below.

Device order gets changed when devices are unplugged and plugged back in. In this case windows changed the device order. It can be changed back to what it was with a small utility called JoyIDs. It can be downloaded from this link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/syk1brrjjz...81%29.exe?dl=0

It can also happen if you are using TARGET software. TARGET is very finicky and drives most people nuts. If you are using it, when you run the program, it must load quickly without hesitation. If there is a delay in the middle of it starting up before it finishes, then it will most likely compile the devices incorrectly and cause button problems. On my machine, TARGET does not always work. I sometimes have to restart the computer and try to run TARGET again first thing and see if it works. If not, restart again until it does. Lately it will start after 1 restart. I fear that some day it will stop working all together.

I hope that this helps.
    Last edited by TeeSquare; 05-11-2020 at 17:25.

Thanks Tee! I don't recall this ever happening, but I'll give it a look!

Cheers!

UPDATE: Well son-of-a...Building block!! It worked. Thanks again Tee!!
    Last edited by Jolly; 05-14-2020 at 23:03.

"Fighter pilots ne'er fear; Jolly Greens are always near!"

PRIMARY MACHINE:
    ASRock B450M MB // CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3400G // VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 1650 // MONITORS: LG 32" 4K w/ ASUS 21" Touchscreen // RAM: Corsair 16GB 3600 MHz DDR4 // HD: WD 512MB SSD M.2 2280 // OS: Windows 10 Pro // CONTROLS: FSSB 1 mod'd HOTAS Cougar & Saitek Pro Combat Rudder Peddles // 'PIT: Modified Akers-Barns Mk 1 Cockpit

SECONDARY MACHINE:
    Shuttle Barebones SH67H3 // CPU: Intel i7 3770K 3.4 GHz // VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 1050TI // RAM: Kingston 16GB 1333 MHz DDR 3 // HD: 1TB WD Green SATA 6Gb/s, 64MD Cache // OS: Windows 7 Ultimate // CONTROLS: Uber mod'edTM HOTAS Cougar w/ Cougar MFDs & Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals // 'PIT: Akers-Barnes Mark 1 Cockpit

56th VFW/ 63rd VFS CO TeeSquare's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm glad it helped.

A long time ago, I started resetting all my keystrokes to try and fix them due to this happening before I learned about the order thing. What a waste of time.