Close

56th VFW/ 63rd VFS CO TeeSquare's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Windows 10 Hosting

I am setting up a Windows 10 computer and could not host a BMS flight the other night. I was able to connect to another host as a client but cannot host.

Windows seems to be blocking incoming connections for 2 reasons.

1. On my home network, windows 10 can see and grab files from my old windows 7 computer on the network. But I cannot get into the Windows 10 computer through the network with my old windows 7 pc. I can see the win 10 PC in the network with the win 7 pc but can not access the drives. I can see and access the user folder that is in the win10 pc from the win7 pc. Something is blocking the drives from being accessed.

2. In BMS, I can connect as a client and IVC works. Others cannot connect to me when I host.

Network and Internet
    I have enabled network detection. I have a private network. It says I don't have domain or public networks.
    I shared both drives but it will not let me share the computer name.

Network Profile: I checked private network. Says that pc is discoverable in the description.

Network and Sharing Center: Set up a new network, nothing appears in the box after waiting a few minutes. I don't think that I need to set up a new network though because I seem to already be on one.

Troubleshoot: I tried the incoming connections troubleshooter, but it doesn't fix the problem.

Firewall:

I have private network fire wall on (we tested a host connection with this turned off too).

I have blocks all incoming connections unchecked.

I have allowed the apps BMS and IVC server through the private and public firewall (C:\Falcon BMS 4.33 U1\Bin\x64\Falcon BMS.exe) (C:\falcon bms 4.33 u1\bin\x86\ivc\ivc server.exe)

Router
    I have an Arris DG1670A/TW 80939 Router. I have under fire wall/ port triggers 2934-2935 and 9987-9989 set to out, in, and both.

Defender Virus Protection

I added the BMS folders for the setup and sim to the exclusions list.

Security Center/ App & Browser Control
    I didn't mess with this. It says Check apps and files, warm it selected. SmartScreen warm for both edge and store apps.

Exploit protection: I didn't mess with this area. Maybe some of these things need to be turned off. There is a program tab in this area with a list of customized programs. Maybe I need to add BMS to this list?

Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by TeeSquare; 07-20-2018 at 13:57.

56th VFW/ 63rd VFS CO TeeSquare's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    A big thanks to Chaser and Dman for helping me get this fixed. It ended up being an IP address conflict with the opened ports. So we had a good flight tonight. I still cant connect to the win 10 PC over the network but I can live with that for now.